We are pleased to invite you to our 2015 Filipino American National Town Hall in Washington, DC on Friday, October 2nd from 11:30am to 2:00pm EST. This convening will bring together leaders from across the country to discuss pressing social, cultural, and political issues affecting our community, including WWII Veterans, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, and comprehensive immigration reform. As a champion for the needs of Filipino American, Asian American, and underrepresented groups, we hope you are able to join us.
Building on last year’s momentum, we would also like to continue the discussion around political and civic engagement. One of the main topics we will cover is our strategy around engaging and mobilizing our community for the 2016 elections. Our hope is to work with you and Filipino American leaders and organizations in every region to continue building our policy advocacy and gain more political leverage for our community.
Join us for KAYA’s National Town Hall in October as you will be a critical voice in our conversations. #KayaTownHall15
2015 National Town Hall
11:30 am to 2:00 pm EST
Southeast Asian Resource Action Center
1628 16th Street NW, 2nd Floor Ballroom
– Rozita Villanueva Lee, Former Commissioner, White House Advisory Commission for AAPIs
– Honorable Mark Pulido, Councilmember, City of Cerritos, CA
– Irene Bueno, Co-Founder and Partner, Nueva Vista Group, LLC
– Eric Salcedo, National Field Director, Asian & Pacific Islander American Vote
– Angelo Mathay, Associate Policy Analyst, Migration Policy Institute’s National Center for Immigrant Integration Policy
AAPI Community Reception and Filipino Food Showcase
6:30 pm to 8:30 pm EST
1301 K Street, NW, Washington, DC 20005